RRROLL UP THE RIM TO WIN® CONTEST – 2013
HOW TO PLAY
1. TO PLAY: Commencing on or about February 18, 2013, guests at participating Tim Hortons locations in Canada may receive one specially marked Tim Hortons 10, 14, 20, or 24 oz hot drink take-out contest cup with the purchase of any corresponding small (10 oz), medium (14 oz), large (20 oz), or extra large (24 oz) hot beverage (excluding espresso shots), while supplies last. Commencing on or about February 18, 2013, guests at participating Tim Hortons locations in the USA, specifically the states of New York, Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland (USA) may receive one specially marked Tim Hortons 14, 20, or 24 oz hot drink take-out contest cup with the purchase of any corresponding medium (14 oz), large (20 oz), or extra large (24 oz) hot beverage (excluding espresso shots), while supplies last. Not open to residents of Rhode Island, Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, Alaska, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Revealed inside the rim will be a "WIN" or "Please Play Again” message. A "WIN" message will describe the specific prize available to be won. To claim your prize, refer to instructions which follow, but to be eligible, all prize claims must be received by May 19, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EDT or store closing, whichever is earlier, the contest closing date. RIM TABS must include the entire message printed under the RIM. Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any prize message that is not presented in its entirety.
*NOTE: Contest Sponsor reserves the right to limit the distribution of contest cups to one cup with the purchase of any hot beverage for any multiple cup refillable container. The guest will receive a cup equivalent in size to the size of the hot beverage (excluding espresso shots) purchased (for example, if the guest purchases a large hot beverage, the guest will receive a large cup, while supplies last). Please note that Lattes are only available in small (10 oz), medium (14 oz) and large (20 oz) sizes in both Canada and USA.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY: In Canada, obtain a FREE Tim Hortons contest cup and/or a copy of the official rules, by writing to: Tim Hortons Contest Cup, P.O. Box 9167 Saint John, N.B. E2L 4Y2. In U.S.A., to receive a FREE contest cup and/or a copy of the official rules write to: Tim Hortons Contest Cup, P.O. Box 1315 Calais, ME 04619-6315.
All requests for a FREE contest cup must be postmarked by April 26, 2013 and received by May 6, 2013. Limit of one request per envelope with sufficient postage, while supplies last. No mechanical reproductions of requests permitted. All requests must include a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope.
3. A total of 260,959,840 contest cups have been produced for this contest. These will be available for distribution through to April 26, 2013 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. It is anticipated, based on estimated distribution that contest cups will be distributed within 6 regions as follows:
||APPROX. GEOGRAPHIC AREA
||APPROX NO. OF CUPS|
||Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories & Yukon
||USA (New York, Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Pennsylvania, Delaware & Maryland)
4. PRIZES AVAILABLE ACROSS NORTH AMERICA
A) Forty (40) 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicles. Approximate retail value in Canada is estimated to be $32,000 CDN each before any applicable taxes and includes Freight & P.D.I. The approximate retail value in the U.S.A. is estimated to be $30,000 USD each before any applicable taxes and includes dealer and processing fees.
B) Ninety five (95) prizes of $5,000 CDN will be available for Canadian residents and five (5) prizes of $5,000 USD will be available for US residents, in the form of MasterCard Prepaid cards. The MasterCard Prepaid card(s) value of $5,000 will be in the currency of the winner's country of residence. Prize claimants resident in Canada will receive one (1) MasterCard Prepaid card with a value of $5,000 CDN. Prize claimants resident in the U.S.A. will receive two (2) MasterCard Prepaid cards with a value of $2,500 USD each. Residence shall be based on where a prize claimant ordinarily resides. In the event of a dispute, the country of residence shall be determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion based on evidence provided by prize claimant. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to make independent investigation, if necessary. MasterCard Prepaid card prizes must be accepted as awarded in the form solely decided upon by the Contest Sponsor. Please see Prepaid card for terms and conditions of usage.
C) One Thousand (1,000) Napoleon Gourmet Grills. Anticipated approximate retail value is estimated to be $1078.00 CDN each in Canada and $1078.00 USD each in the U.S., before any applicable taxes. Some assembly of the grills is required and winners will be responsible for the assembly of their grill prize.
D) Twenty-five Thousand (25,000) $100 Tim Card prizes. The Tim Card value of $100 will be in the currency of the winner's country of residence. Residence shall be based on where a prize claimant ordinarily resides. In the event of a dispute, the country of residence shall be determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion based on evidence provided by prize claimant. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to make independent investigation, if necessary. Tim Card prizes must be accepted as awarded in the form solely decided upon by the Contest Sponsor. No interest will be paid on any Tim Card prize.
E) Food Prizes: "Winning" RIM TABS are for the following prizes and have the following approximate values: (i) Coffee or Latte: $1.10 - $3.89 CDN ($1.25 - $4.27 USD) (winner has the choice of any size hot beverage) or (ii) Donut at $0.89 - $2.04 CDN ($0.89 - $1.39 USD) (winner’s choice of any single muffin, cookie or donut) each. For the "winning" RIM TABS for food prizes, 75% are Coffee or Latte and 25% are Donuts.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $54,204,121 CDN or $54,571,552 USD.
The retail values set above are based on approximate prize values in Canada and the U.S. at the time of printing of these rules. All estimated retail values do not include applicable goods and services tax, provincial, state or sales and use taxes. Winners are not required to pay such taxes upon receipt of the prize. All other taxes on prizes other than taxes specifically referred to in these rules are the responsibility of the winners. A 1099-MISC will be issued to each U.S. recipient of a prize with a retail value of USD $600 or more. In order to receive the prize, the winner must provide a completed W-9 form.
5. Estimated distribution of “winning” contest tabs for the prizes described in Rule 4 (A, B, C, D) by region, will be as set out below. Note: "Regions" are defined in Rule 3. Distribution of prizes within the Region is random.
40 2013 Toyota RAV4 Vehicles“Winning” Tabs
100 $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Cards“Winning” Tabs
1,000 Napoleon Gourmet Grills“Winning” Tabs
25,000 $100 Tim Cards“Winning” Tabs
6. The regional allocation of the prizes as set out above is an estimate only, based on anticipated cup distribution per region. Actual allocation of cups may vary depending on contest cup consumption. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for cups which are lost, stolen, mutilated, destroyed or not distributed.
7. All prizes will be awarded to winners by The Tim Hortons Advertising and Promotional Fund (Canada) Inc./ The Tim's National Advertising Program, Inc.
ODDS OF WINNING
8. At the outset: the overall approximate odds in Canada of being eligible to win one of Thirty-Eight 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicles are 1 in 6,546,585; the overall approximate odds in the U.S. of being eligible to win one of Two 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicles are 1 in 6,094,800. Across North America, the overall approximate odds of being eligible to win one of One Hundred $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Cards are 1 in 2,609,598; the overall approximate odds of being eligible to win one of One Thousand Napoleon Gourmet Grills are 1 in 260,960; the overall approximate odds of being eligible to win one of Twenty-five Thousand $100 Tim Cards are 1 in 10,438; the overall approximate odds of being eligible to win a food prize are 1 in 6.
NOTE: The odds of obtaining an eligible "winning" RIM TAB will vary by Region based on cup distribution outlined above and will change throughout the contest as specially marked contest cups are distributed and sold in each Region. The total number of prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the contest as contest cups are distributed and prizes are claimed.
9. Contest commences on or about February 18, 2013 and Contest Closes on May 19, 2013 or while supplies last. To be eligible, RIM TAB prize claims must be postmarked by May 19, 2013 and received no later than June 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Contest cups are available at each participating restaurant through April 26, 2013 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.
10. All "winning" contest tabs for a 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicle or a $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Card or a Napoleon Gourmet Grill or a $100 Tim Card have been individually inspected, produced and confirmed to be completely legible. Liability for irregular, illegible or blank contest tabs is limited to replacement of the cup while supplies last. If, due to a production or printing error or other unforeseen error, there are more prize claims than prizes for any level, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes for that level through a random drawing of all eligible prize claims for that level. It is extremely rare to receive an irregular, illegible or blank RIM TAB, but should it occur, it could only be for a mass produced prize of coffee or latte, donut, or "Play Again" message under the rim of the contest cup. If this should occur, return the irregular, illegible or blank RIM TAB (see Rule 2 for address) and it will be replaced with a new contest cup while supplies last.
11. Contest RIM TABS obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way, are automatically void. No RIM TAB copies, duplicates or reproductions of any type will be eligible for the contest. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any lost RIM TABS.
12. The printing under the rim for various prizes will be printed as follows in various combinations: "WIN/GAGNEZ TOYOTA RAV4" or "WIN TOYOTA RAV4"; "WIN/GAGNEZ $5,000$ MASTERCARD PREPAID CARD/ CARTES MASTERCARD PRÉPAYÉES" or "WIN $5,000 MASTERCARD PREPAID CARD", "WIN/GAGNEZ NAPOLEON GOURMET GRILL/GRIL DU GOURMET NAPOLEON” or "WIN NAPOLEON GOURMET GRILL”; "WIN/GAGNEZ $100$ TIM CARD/CARTE TIM" or "WIN $100 TIM CARD"; "WIN/GAGNEZ UN CAFÉ OU LATTE/COFFEE OR LATTE" or "WIN A COFFEE OR LATTE"; "WIN/GAGNEZ UN BEIGNE/DONUT" or "WIN A DONUT". All remaining contest cups will be printed: "PLEASE PLAY AGAIN/RÉESSAYEZ S.V.P." or "PLEASE PLAY AGAIN".
13. Prize claimant must be a resident of Canada or the U.S.A. (excluding Rhode Island, Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, Alaska and Puerto Rico). To be eligible to claim a prize, prize claimants must have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence or in the event a person under the age of majority receives an eligible RIM TAB, they are permitted to transfer the RIM TAB to their parent or legal guardian, who will then be the eligible entrant. In the event that prize claimant receives an eligible RIM TAB to win a vehicle and that prize claimant does not have a valid drivers’ license or that prize claimant is not legally eligible to drive, that prize claimant may be permitted to transfer the RIM TAB to their spouse, parent, sibling, child or legal guardian, who will then be considered the eligible entrant.
14. Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, The TDL Group Corp., Tim Hortons USA Inc., and their affiliated and related companies, Tim Hortons franchisees, the consulting, advertising and promotion agencies of the Contest Sponsor, the independent contest organization, the contest cup suppliers, contest cup distributors & contest cup carriers are not eligible to participate. Employees of Tim Hortons franchisees as described in this paragraph are limited to those employees who are providing services in any way to Tim Hortons Restaurant(s). "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
15. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor and the independent contest organization, which are final. Without limitation, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to administer a skill-testing question to Canadian residents as it deems appropriate to address discrimination or disability issues.
16. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not convertible to cash. Winning RIM TABS are not transferable or convertible to cash except as specifically provided herein. Prizes may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. In case of unavailability of any prize, to accommodate for a disability, or for any other reason and in Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
18. By claiming a prize, prize claimants consent to the use of their name and/or photograph, and/or place of residence, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor.
19. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, misdirected or postage-due rule requests, cup requests, or prize claims.
20. By accepting a prize, winners release Contest Sponsor, Tim Hortons Inc., The TDL Group Corp., Tim Hortons USA Inc., and their affiliated and related companies, Tim Hortons licensees/franchisees, the prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including, without limitation, their advertising and promotional agencies and the independent contest organizations (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize and acknowledge that the Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
21. In Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
22. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the contest at any time, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Québec, if it determines that for any reason the contest cannot be run as originally planned or for any other occurrence compromising the fairness or integrity of the contest.
23. To receive a list of non-food prize winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope within 3 months after May 19, 2013, in Canada to: "Roll Up The Rim 2013"- List of Winners, P.O. Box 9168, Saint John, N.B. E2L 4Y2 and in U.S.A. to: "Roll Up The Rim 2013" - List of Winners, P.O. Box 1342 Calais, ME 04619-6342.
24. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and any other language version of these rules or any contest materials, the English version shall prevail, govern and control. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of these rules, these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
25. Where applicable, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to publicly award prizes at the Tim Hortons restaurant where the cup was originally received.
HOW TO CLAIM A COFFEE OR LATTE OR DONUT:
26. In Canada: If you are eligible to win a COFFEE or LATTE or a DONUT, complete Prize Claim Form II. Before being declared a winner, Canadian participants must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in Prize Claim Form II, and, together with their eligible “winning” RIM TAB, present it to a participating Tim Hortons restaurant for verification.
In U.S.A: U.S. participants are not required to answer a skill-testing question. Upon verification of the RIM TAB, a food prize will be awarded.
27. PLEASE NOTE: A winning "WIN/GAGNEZ UN CAFÉ OU LATTE/COFFEE OR LATTE" or "WIN A COFFEE OR LATTE" RIM TAB may be redeemed on next purchase for any available cup size of any one hot beverage. A winning "WIN/GAGNEZ UN BEIGNE/DONUT" or "WIN A DONUT" RIM TAB may be redeemed on next purchase for any one donut, muffin or cookie. No cash alternative will be made available. A food prize claim may not be used in conjunction with any other deal, combo or offer.
All such prize claims must be received by the end of the business day on or before May 19, 2013. Claims received after May 19, 2013 are null and void and ineligible for prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
HOW TO CLAIM A 2013 TOYOTA RAV4 VEHICLE, $5,000 MASTERCARD PREPAID CARD, NAPOLEON GOURMET GRILL OR $100 TIM CARD:
28. IN CANADA: If you are eligible to win a 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicle, a $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Card, or a Napoleon Gourmet Grill COMPLETE PRIZE CLAIM FORM I. Upon receipt, the independent contest judging organizations will then contact the potential winner by telephone, at a mutually convenient time, to administer a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question.
If you are eligible to win a $100 Tim Card, COMPLETE PRIZE CLAIM FORMS I & II. Prize Claim Form II includes a mathematical, skill-testing question. See Prize Claim Forms I & II on reverse.
Attach your complete original winning RIM TAB to completed, applicable Prize Claim Form(s) (on the reverse of these rules) (Extra copies available at participating Tim Hortons restaurants), and send to: "DH13", P.O. Box 9169 Saint John, N.B. E2L 4Y2.
In order to be declared a winner, you must have correctly answered a skill-testing question. Upon receipt of your completed Prize Claim Form(s), the contest organizations will verify your prize claim.
29. IN U.S.A.: Attach your complete original winning RIM TAB to completed Prize Claim Form I (see reverse) and mail to: "DH13", P.O. Box 1344 Calais, ME 04619-6344. Upon receipt of your completed Prize Claim Form, the contest organizations will verify your prize claim.
PLEASE NOTE IN CANADA AND THE U.S.A.:
30. For eligible winners of a 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicle, a $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Card, a Napoleon Gourmet Grill or a $100 Tim Card we STRONGLY RECOMMEND sending all materials by REGISTERED MAIL, return receipt requested, and keep a copy of the RIM TAB and Prize Claim Form for your records, as we will not be responsible for lost or delayed prize claims.
31. 2013 Toyota RAV4 vehicle, $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Card, Napoleon Gourmet Grill or $100 Tim Card RIM TABS must be postmarked by May 19, 2013 and received at the above appropriate P.O. Box number no later than June 1, 2013, otherwise such prize claim shall be null and void and ineligible for a prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Submission of RIM TABS is the sole responsibility of the individual seeking verification. Tim Hortons Restaurant Owners, Operators and Staff are not allowed to submit RIM TABS on behalf of potential winners. If any prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited.
32. Please note that the 2013 Toyota RAV4 Vehicle, and $5,000 MasterCard Prepaid Card will be delivered to the restaurant in which the winning cup was received for pick-up by the winner. Napoleon Gourmet Grill and $100 Tim Card will be sent to the winner’s home address as provided.
Contest Sponsor: The Tim Hortons Advertising and Promotion Fund (Canada) Inc. / The Tim’s National Advertising Program, Inc., c/o 874 Sinclair Road, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6K 2Y1.